Bored, depressed, lonely, feeling unwanted, feeling so
alone with no one to care for you? These are feelings and emotions that
come and go in our temporary lives and the enemy is using them to trap
us into our own prison cells of inactivity and escapism. The enemy will
push us to the edge until we lose all forms of sanity and contact with
the real world. Sometimes the enemy will goad us to end it all and enter
a world of oblivion and nothingness. But is that where we are bound to
go after ending everything in the here and now? No, he is leading us to
the everlasting world of suffering and deprivation, far, far worse than
what we may be feeling today.
The antidote for these? PRAY MORE
AND HOLD ON TO GOD'S PROMISES. Read God's divine promises in the Bible
and use them to thwart all the attempts of the enemy to steal your joy
and exuberance for living.
1. "And we know that all things work
together for the good of those who love Him, who have been called
according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28).
2. "But my God will provide for all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).
3. "For I know the plans I have for you, said the Lord, plans to
prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future."
4. "The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack
and will bring me safely to His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory
forever and ever. Amen" (2 Timothy 4:18).
5. "Being confident of
this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to its
completion until the day of Christ Jesus" (Philippians 1:6).
6. "Do not be overcome by evil but overcome evil with good" (Romans 12:21).
7. "Submit then to God, resist the devil and he will flee from you.
Come near to God and He will come near to you" (James 4:7-8a).
Never worry, God has covered all aspects of your life. And Jesus has
already conquered the enemy in Calvary. Just claim your own victory for
the taking. TO GOD BE THE GLORY.